A lot of people post-Covid are re-evaluating their lives after months of lockdown restrictions, working from home, and social distancing. Now with the world re-opening it’s a great opportunity to rethink your life and reconsider what’s important to you. There is no reason in the world you have to stay in your current job, home, town, or industry. Other than your thinking makes it so, so let me ask you:
- Do you really want to go back to working in the office?
- Put up with the daily hassle of commuting?
- Spend 8 hours plus a day doing work for which you have no passion?
- With people whose values you don’t share?
- Can you really accept that your life comes down to just two or three weeks of vacation a year and a bank holiday barbeque?
- What else could you do, no should you do, to get more “life” from your work? Imagine you are starting with a clean slate what would you do?
- Become a digital nomad and travel the world? I do this 5 months a year and it’s amazing.
- A consultant? What skills can you sell to others?
- Take advantage of rising home prices, downsize and retire?
- Move to another country? Italy was giving away houses for $1
- Become an instructor in something you love? Golf, karate, horses, shooting.
- Turn your hobby into an online business?
- Become a virtual assistant or virtual mentor?
- Sell your knowledge through books and courses (see my 20-hour course Million Dollar Laptop, available Free at www.LifeWellLived.expert)
- Start a charitable organization or foundation?
One Word of Caution
Before you start whistling the classic country song “Take This Job and Shove It,” be wise and test the waters. Figure out what you can do on a limited scale with your new venture before packing in your current job or wrapping up your existing business.